our souls talk to each other
late at night
when we aren’t watching
i wish i could be a bit more privy to those conversations
A shadow on my friend, Julia’s, wall that was cast by a little dragonfly hanging in the window. I drew the Dragonfly card in the Animal Medicine tarot deck by Jamie Sams so I appreciated the synchronicity of seeing this yesterday. Here’s a bit about Dragonfly medicine:
“Dragonfly medicine is of the dreamtime and the illusionary facade we accept as physical reality. The iridescence of Dragonfly’s wings reminds us of colors not found in our everyday experience. Dragonfly’s shifting of color, energy, form, and movement explodes into the mind of hte observer, bringing vague memories of a time or place where magic reigned.
Dragonfly is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment and communications from the elemental world….on a pychological level, it may be time to break down the illusions you have held that restrict your actions and ideas…See how you can apply the art of illusion to your present question or situation, and remember that things are never completely as they seem.”
As I shift my physical reality and create a new “norm” for myself, I am mindful that I get to choose my new reality; they key is focusing on what I DO want and taking steps to get to where I want to be. Thank you, Dragonfly Spirit, for the reminder.
To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
a time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal …
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance …
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.
I am readying for harvest. I feel the flush of pink on my skin, the fullness of my potential sweetening inside of me ready to pour out into the Universe, ready to be tasted and shared. I want to be plucked gently from the tree and treated with care. I do not want to wait too long, fall to the ground and get bruised. I trust in Divine timing. I trust that my fruit will be well-received.
May each of us grow mindfully, ripen in our own time and know when the time is right to harvest.
Over the past couple of months, I have made a couple of lists of things that make me giddy or bring me joy. Part of my work with conscious creation is to “flip my switch” to raise my vibration. Naming the things that make me feel good and posting them where I can see them reminds me to DO them more often. I’ve found since I began this practice, I not only feel good much of the time but more good things are happening in my life. Here are some of the many things that work for me:
- Loving in its myriad forms
- Creating Beauty
- Stomping in mud puddles
- A delicious cup of coffee
- Tasting the sweat of a lover (and all that created that sweat)
- Squishing my toes in mud
- Word play
- Being completely goofy and making fart jokes, crazy sounds and faces with my kids (or my friends) until our stomaches hurt from laughing (a/k/a Being SILLY)
- Watching my children laugh and play with each other.
- Kissing sticky, PB&J cheeks.
- Heart connection
- Soul-merging sex
- A good hair cut and color
- Body care
- Buying art supplies (the thrill of acquisition is a common theme in my life..hmmmmmm)
- Being alone. I love my own company.
- Petting a dog (or a person for that matter)
- Reading ecstatic poetry (including my buddy Walt Whitman), especially out loud to an intimate
- Savoring a small piece of really good, dark chocolate
- Making love with a piece of fruit (this isn’t how it sounds. eating fruit is highly erotic and sensual to me)
- A crisp, clean, new blank journal
- Moleskin journals. Oh! The flow, the smell, the history….
- Being in love
- Listening to the birds sing
- The smell of spring rain
- Dancing my ass off
- Dappled sunlight dancing on the floor, the walls, my naked body…I love the interplay of shadow and light
- Bare feet in damp grass
- Cultivating mystery
- Feeling deep compassion for another soul
- Singing to an audience
- Making sand castles
- Driving with music cranked, bass thumping and windows down
- Finding beach glass
- Tumbling in the grass with my kids
- Riding a horse, bareback and bridle free
- Climbing trees
- Dressing up
- Painting (watercolors especially)
- Picking wildflowers
- Smelling and experiencing herbs
- Puttering in my garden
- Having parties “just because”
- Supporting my friends in achieving their dreams
- The smell and feel of freshly washed sheets
- The smell of newly mown grass (oh yes, I do love that)
- The smell of a lover
- The way tequila feels in my body. I am fire.
- Plunging my tongue deeply into the experience of Life and tasting all the flavors.
the real stillness
there is stillness
can the spiritual rhythm appear
heaven and earth.
This is the place in which I have been living for quite some time. I haven’t been sitting much and haven’t been at the computer to update this blog. Through the process of moving my home, moving my body much more often and feeling more and more alive as I separate from my partner of 20 years, I have found an inner stillness and a profound strength that I have never felt before. I feel a part of the movement of the universe as I allow the process of death and rebirth to live within me.
This transformation is sublime.